Education and information
The Knowledge Centre on saline agriculture is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality.
We have the knowledge. It is now important to share this knowledge with the world.
Saline agriculture could be an important solution to the global challenge of improving food security. We have the knowledge. It is now important to share this knowledge with the world, starting with farmers.
The Dutch Minister of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, Carola Schouten, said:
"Worldwide around one billion hectares of farmland is considered non-arable due to salinization. With the knowledge, we now have about cultivation methods and selecting salt-tolerant crops, this farmland can be used to produce food. Many countries simply need this knowledge in order to produce. Hence, we support the start-up of an institute that makes sure this knowledge is shared worldwide. A major contribution to global food security!"
Knowledge Centre on Saline Agriculture
- Open source sharing of knowledge on saline agriculture
- Education and training of farmers and/or students
- On-site training: at the test fields on Texel (NL) or at other global project locations
- Online information
- Internship, Traineeships & masterclasses
- Awareness - presentations for companies and groups
If you are interested in getting more information, please contact us: